Have you ever had bark scorpion crawl into your bedroom from nowhere? You get surprised, but there it is; very creepy. The knowledge that these arachnids are associated with painful stings can make you jump at the sight of a scorpion crawling into a house. You don’t have to share your living quarters with these unfriendly creatures that show up in your property uninvited. Here are efficient ways of getting rid of scorpions.
1. Scorpion-proof your property
One of the perfect ways of getting rid of scorpions is by learning what they like and getting rid of it. They love dark, damp area with clutter. Therefore, keeping your property clean and organized is a responsible pest control option.
Clutter in your yard and house, dirty boxes lying in the basement, clothes lying around and neglected gardens are some of the top spots where scorpions hang out. They hide in these places during the day and come out at night. Implement the following tips to scorpion-proof your home.
- Declutter your house by packing stuff in boxes and store them on shelves
- Clean your home, organize it, and always keep it neat
- Eliminate all unnecessary logs of wood and rock piles from your yard.
- Fix all leaks and ensure your floors and counters are always dry. Scorpions love moist areas.
- Seal all holes and cracks in your home no matter how small they may seem. Remember can fit through cracks and crevices the size of a credit card. You will also need to make sure that all your windows and doors are properly sealed.
2. Use traps
Traps are another effective option when it comes to getting rid of scorpions. Consider using non-toxic sticky traps used in trapping mice. When purchasing the trap, request for a non-toxic one because most traps are made using very toxic chemicals.
A wet burlap sack is another great trap for scorpions. Leave it open overnight and check it in the morning. You should be careful as some scorpions might be underneath the bad. Kill the trapped scorpions and dispose of them and remember to seal the garbage bag.
3. Eliminate the scorpions’ food
Spiders, crickets, and other creepy insects are the major source of food for scorpions. Keeping these insects away from your property is one way of keeping scorpions at bay. Seal your home and clean up all crumbs and spills.
4. Scorpion killers
Probably you are wondering whether there is anything that can kill a scorpion naturally. Don’t be surprised that even cats, even with their playful nature, can hunt and kill scorpions in your home. But that doesn’t mean that you should force your pets to kill scorpions. Let them gather the courage to help you eliminate scorpions.
Dogs also hunt and kill scorpions. But if you want to know the best scorpion killer, and an animal you might be less inclined to consider a pet, the award goes to chicken. If you realize that your yard has a lot of scorpions, consider getting chicken. They will peck any scorpion that crosses their path.